PM2 team has completed the phase 1 development of its GPS tracking software system. This system is built with much improved capability to scale to as many number of tracking devices as necessary.
Some of the highlights are
- Plgugin support for almost all the maps viz., Google, Yahoo, Bing, Open Street Maps, Custom Map Server Implementations etc.,
- Live Tracking with COMET support for checking the live movement of the vehicle on the Map as well as on summary
- Route history on map with playback and static option
- Idle History on map
- Fence support with Area fencing, route fencing and way point fencing
- Administration pages for devices, mobiles, driver management
- Charting for richer visualization of data
- Support for any kind of vehicle tracking devices along with TetraFlex API and Sepura Serial support
- SDS support for Tetra based systems
- Alerts module with overspeed, stoppage, scheduled alert etc., are under alpha stage.
A sample screenshot of the live map screen is as below.
Live Map screen
For a sneak peek, visit http://www.shadowtrail.net/LiveMap and try the system with a username/password: demo/demo2011.
For Commercial inquiries, drop us an email at muthu(at the rate of)pmsquare.com.
It was quite a surprise when we received a support call on the 9th Dec this year from one of our Police Clients who have deployed our system for tracking and dispatching Police vehicles based on information from tetra radios.
Our system is deployed with
- a dedicated & independent map server
- our Tetra Receiver
- our back end tracking server (with standby)
- our silverlight based front end
- with tetra radios & base stations
One of our batch jobs installed have failed to do some routine maintenance task and we never thought this would become an issue in this case. The reason, we did not expect this system will be used very much (which was bad on our part!)
But on the contrary, when we got the secure access & logged in, we realized that this system is being used very regularly and sense of a great surge of satisfaction looking at it. It took a little more than 30 minutes for us to solve the reported issue, but this was a good opportunity to see that our system performs really well in this situation with a reasonably good load.
May be an old news.. But still newsworthy for us
DAMM is one of the leading contenders in the infrastructure space in Tetra technologies providing a powerful IP based system for Tetra Communications. A minimal infrastructure is usually setup with a base station, a dispatcher and with subscriber management capability.
The Sepura radios blend beautifully with Tetraflex and we were able to implement for TamilNadu police in Salem with all its capabilities of tracking, Short Data Service etc., The accuracy and the update capability of the GPS module in Sepura is fantastic.
Our GPS Software System integrated this providing a great experience for emergency services. A great first that we take pride on
Take a look at the nice article from The Hindu Salem police to be first in State to get TETRA